Sunday 19 August 2018

AAA Cards Challenge #122: use a stencil

This fortnight the AAA Cards Challenge is: use a stencil and it was DT member Melissa's choice.
Our sponsor is Stamplorations.

For my card I used a Tim Holtz Stencil (TSH037) and I went for greens and teals as this stencil reminds me of a tire track, so I thought manly card.
I used Distress inks Peacock feathers and Mowed lawn and mini inkblending tools to apply the inks through the stencil. I started with Cracked pistachio, but I changed it to Mowed lawn as it's more vibrant.

The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted (Brushed Greetings II) and I used Versafine onyx black ink.
A few matching enamel dots for some shine
and dimension, no rhinestones,no glitter for this one ;-)..Oh my Nuvo shimmer pens feels ignored lol.

For more information, more DT examples and or to play along the AAA Cards Challenge, see this.

5 comments:

  1. I see what you mean by a tyre track, would be great if they really did make such beautiful coloured patterns. Love your teals and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maaike, this is gorgeous! Love the vibrant colours - such an eye-catching card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I love your layout and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maaike, such beautiful colors and i love how the stencil is the used to create the focal point. I am a fan of geometric designs and this one is a stunner!! Happy Crafting. Hugs - Bharati

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your geometric design and beautiful colors. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete