Thursday 30 August 2018

Shake it up- Designer creative challenge


For my shaker card I started with the circle, diecutting it from a panel, I thought it might look like the squirrel is in her  tree and the circle is the entrance to her nest...
I then stamped the sentiment from Say it big with Versafine onyx black ink. Traced the opening onto the cardbase and swiped Distress oxide Tumbled glass on the cardbase. One of my favorite new colors.
Then I lined the back of the panel with double sided tape and added the acetate and a layer of foamtape to  make my shaker pouch.
I cut up another bit of acetate and adhered my tree to it.
I colored my images with alcohol markers. I chose a handful of sequins in the colors of the leaves, making it look the leaves are falling when you shake the card. In hindsight
I prob should have colored the white on the tree the same or alike blue color as the Oxide background...too late now though.
As the colors are very autumnal I chose “Thank you” as my sentiment, as Thanksgiving is coming up fast. Adherd the second layer of acetate with the tree to close the shaker pouch. Then added more double sided tape to adhere the whole thing to the cardbase.
Added the squirrel with even more double sided tape.
I only used one layer of foamtape, so it does shake but not freely, I did this on purpose because otherwise the card gets very thick and heavy, but the choice is up to you, of course.

My top tip for shaker cards is to use a bit of card or acetate to close your shakerpouch, before you try to flip the whole things with loose sequins, or beads.

Products used:
Craftin Desert Divas:


Digi club a monthly subscription :  http://craftindesertdivas.com/digi-stamp-club/?aff=104


1 comment: