Sunday 16 September 2018

Craftin Desert Divas Happily Handmade




Today I am sharing how to make a jumbo tealight box.
Mine are from Ikea, but I think they're all the same size.
For mine you need a piece of card  4"1/8 x 7"1/4

you score on the long side at:
 7/8", 3"1/4, 4"1/8 and 6"3/8.
on the short side at: 
7/8 of one inch and 3"1/4

Burnish the score lines and cut and notch as indicated in the pattern, then glue together.
I use a hot glue gun, but a really strong  tape or glue will also work.

Make a thumb notch with a circle punch, not required, but I think it looks more professional.

To decorate my little box I used a Craftin Desert Divas digi stamp that I printed on marker friendly paper and colored with my Spectrum Noir markers, then cut it out.
I mounted tow layers of foamtape with space in between so I can feed the ribbon through this canal.

For the sentiment I stamped the Just because from Say it Big with Versafine Onyx black ink on a small tag.


Materials used
Craftin Desert Divas:


No comments:

Post a Comment