Sunday 14 October 2018

AAA Cards Challenge #126: moonlight

This fortnight the AAA Cards Challenge is: moonlight.
Our sponsor is Uniko and the prize is the choice of an in stock stamp set.

I was given this gorgeous die of an owl on a branch and I thought the circle around it looked like a full moon, that's why I inkblended a yellow Orange moon.I wanted some kind of candy corn colors because of the time of year.
I used Versamagic mini inks (thatched straw,mango madness and persimmon) on the cardbase.
Diecut the owl from black card and mounted it with foam tape.
As I wanted as much empty space (not white this time) as possible, I didn't add a sentiment. I do not send out cards with Halloween and so I will decide on the sentiment when I use this card, maybe my friend who's a crazy owl lady.
For more information, more examples form our Design Team, or to play along, see this.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a cute owl! Love your scene and the fabulous harvest moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet owl and card, Maaike. That die IS perfect for creating a harvest moonlight scene. Beautiful colours and ink blending. I don’t make or send Halloween cards either, so great decision to leave out the sentiment until you use it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange moon is such a refreshing take on the theme. Perfect use of a colored card stock for a extremely beautiful CAS card. The owl is just adorable. Thank you for the inspiration. Happy crafting. Hugs - bharati

    ReplyDelete