Saturday 6 October 2018

Essential embossing


The Craftin Desert Divas weekly creative challenge is: essential embossing.

For my card I used two kinds of embossing, dry and heat embossing.

I started my card by diecutting the mountains and cacti from  Southwest Border Dies and I passed the cacti through the machine again on the embossing setting, it's faint on camera, but you can see the lines in the cacti.

I then traced the upper mountain range so I knew where to inkblend my sunsetting sky.
I made the sun by masking the circle first as I did the sky, then I used the negative to mask the sky whilst I was applying ink on the sun or moon if you prefer as there's a coyote/wolf howling at it.

For my image I used the Scorpio digi, printed in on marker friendly paper and colored her with Spectrum Noir markers. Looking back at it it's more cooked lobster than scorpion haha, there are red ones with black extremities so that's why I chose black hair. Anyway I thought a scorpion would live in this arid place ;-) We had them in Italy where Ilived, always had to check the bed, tiny black ones, burt also snakes would curl up in between your sheets...

For the sentiment I used Versamark to stamp it and then sprinkled on Wow!  embossing powder (fairy tail) and heat set it.
Mounted the scene with glue, scortape and or foamtape.


Materials used:
Craftin Desert Divas:
Southwest Border dies: http://craftindesertdivas.com/southwest-border-die/?aff=104

Zodiac kids Scorpio: http://craftindesertdivas.com/zodiac-kids-scorpio-digital-stamp/?aff=104



Adhesives:
Scortape ¼”: http://craftindesertdivas.com/scor-tape-1-4/?aff=104


Inks:


No comments:

Post a Comment