Wednesday 10 October 2018

Yeti Artist Trading coins


The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: anything but a card, showcasing My Favorite Things products.

For my anything I chose Artist Trading Coins, they seem a hot trend and this is my first try.

I'm not entirely sure how big ATC usually are, but I diecut about 2.5"inch circles from 300grams Schut Cold pressed watercolorpaper for my coins.

I chose the Beast Friends from MFT and stamped them with MFT hybrid ink onto Crafter's Companion Neenah Paper and had the Scan N Cut do it's thing.
Stamped the little trees from the same set on Inkadinkado masking paper and cut them out.

Masked off the bottom of my coins with Post its so to make it look like snow. I Also placed the trees and inkblended Distress inks around the masks to make a sort of Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights).

I've used Distress inks: Black soot, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio and Squeezed Lemonade.

I've splattered most skies with water.
Some I spritzed with Shimmer Spritz, both the Sparkle and the Frost one, I also used the Simon Says Stamp falling snow stencil and Deco Art modelling paste. Seems more transparent than I thought, but the effect is there.

Colored my Yetis with Alcohol markers and mounted them with foam.
then stamped the little paw prints in the snow with third or fourth generation stamping, but they're still dark. This was Versafine Clair Nocturn ink.


For more information or to play along the Simon Says StampWednesday Challenge, see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment