Saturday 5 November 2016

Purple and Gold

That's the theme over at Less is More this week.

Some sad news on the blog as Chrissie Stokes is scaing down her duties. Life gets in the way sometimes, se I wish her all the best and to enjoy the grandkids, that's precious, my mum and dad never get to see theirs....so we know...

Ok onto the card:
I used a stitched circle diefrom Marianne design to cut out a window, off centre, traced the opening and then stamped the bauble, also off centre as I thought that would look nicer.

I used a new stampset from Studio light (stampLS08) a Christmas layering stampset.
I used Memento dew drops to build it up ( lulu lavender, sweet plum and elderberry).
I heat embossed the topper thingy in gold (Papermania) as well as the sentiment (Hero Arts Deer 4x6).
then drew a line with edding gold pen to the bauble as it's hanging.

For more information on the Less is More Challenge, see this

10 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous Maaike, so classy and really beautiful! I love how you've offset the bauble and angled the sentiment. It ads so much visual interest. Awesome card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I forgot to say I angles the sentiment to follow the line of the window..more or less...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wat een prachtig kaartje Maaike. Groetjes en fijn weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have done to make that bauble 'pop' x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maaike, i love the suspended bauble.. fab use of the colours for this challenge
    Thanks for joining us at Less Is More this week
    Jen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een mooie lay-ouy en die kerstbal ziet er prachtig uit! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. I love how you have cut the die on the edge, brilliant technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your kind words Maaike... I love seeing your designs each week and I'll still be around from time to time...this card is a beauty!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunner Maaike! Those layering stamps look amazing. Such a beautiful bauble and the design layout has the real WOW factor. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete