Monday 30 January 2017

Squirrel love

Art Impressions set "nuts about you" is the cutest Valentine set I've seen this year, so I had to get it.
I colored my Squirrels in red tints, two different furs, but both inspired by the beautiful Scotland red squirrel.

It's a clear set as well, not used to that from Art Impressions, but kudos to them, I love clear stamps ;-)
I stamped it with My Favorite things hybrid black ink on watercolor paper and  colored it with Distress inks. I used some Shimmer Spritz (frost) on the balloon, applied it with a brush.
I usually don't do anything with the card base, but today I embossed it with the Cross stiched die from Memory Box, not actually a cutting die, it only embosses or debosses the words love.
I tried to capture it on the photo, but I had to use flash as it's a dull and dark grey day here in the Netherlands.

I then mounted the watercolor paper with foam tape
onto the card base. I used a dotted rectangle die to cut the panel. 
I'm entering this into all three of the Simon Says Stamp Challenges, sorry I had to combine them, time is escaping me at the moment. Been painting the kitchen yesterday, but in order to do do I had to empty and clean it first. Not done yet, but I'm taking a break to make a card just for you ;-).

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this (spread your wings and fly and my squirrels are flying), see this


For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (anything goes showcasing Carabelle studios, I don't have any), see this


For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday (anything goes, showcasing something new...my squirrels came in last week), see this



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Maaike :-) the image is adorable! I love AI stamps, so cute :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenges
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and great colouring. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete