Wednesday 12 December 2018

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Christmas, with video

wed-newchallenge-header
 I am happy to be back as a December guestdesigner for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges.
This week we're all about Christmas and showcasing Creative Expressions.
As always you could win a $50 giftcard to the wonderful Simon Says Stamp shop.
wed-designerspotlight-header
I've used a cling stamp and a sentiment die and have linked everything down below.

For my card I wanted to use Talens Ecoline, but after coloring the two bells, my battery died, so whilst that was charging I went to the SSS webshop to link everything and found they no longer carry them, so I switched to Distress Spray Stains and they work the same.

I stamped the festive bells onto cold pressed watercolor paper with Versamark ink and heat embossed  with the Wow black twinkle powder. Not so much to contain the coloring, but to tie in the design and as it's Christmas a bit of glitter never goes wasted.
To make my own glitter paper, I covered a piece of card with Versamark ink and sprinkled on the powder, then heat set it.

For added shimmer , I've used gold Shimmer Spritz to all my colors, this will change the drying quality of the inks, so be careful. I like how the foliage and the blue mixed a little, it gives a softer effect of more greenery in the background, but it's personal.

I cut the circle out with a die, and I happened to have one that exactly fitted around the outer edge, I could feel it popping into place. Where needed I've  touched up the sides. Mounted the  panel with foamtape.

In my video last week I've shown you this blue panel as well, I sprinkled it with silver and white Acrylic paints, and as I had two, I've used the second one as my backdrop.
Wrapped around a silver ribbon and attached it to the cardbase.

50dollar_voucher_600px For the sentiment , I added some double sided adhesive on the back of the card, making it easier to put it on the cardbase. I didn't plan on using th eblue blackdrop, so it might have been a bit too dark, this black twinkle, but I  highlighted the words with a white Sharpie.


Simon Says Stamp




Ecoline: no longer available at SSS, but Distress spray stains will work almost the same





6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Maaike :-) the jingle bells are fabulous and I love the background and sparkly sentiment, very pretty :-)

    hope you have a lovely festive week! :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Maaike - I love how your dark background makes the circe design pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Your bells are so pretty and I love the deep blue background with splatters. So inspiring. Thank you for sharing !
    Hugs
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the blue you chose as the background and the silver ribbon looks so pretty. I love all the glittery details and your coloring is so pretty. Thank you for the inspiration. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this is so pretty! I love all that sparkle and shine. That dark blue looks really great with the silver sparkle and the white splatters. It reminds me of falling snow. Lovely holiday card, Maaike.

    ReplyDelete