Saturday 3 December 2016

Die cuts only

Hello and welcome, I've combined a few challenges as times are busy.
I'm having to emtpy my mums flat after her passing last week and although I'm completely knackered every evening, I still like to wind down with a glass of wine...erhm I  mean coloring a card, I do not drink wine...

Anyway here's the challenges:


Work it Wednesday from Simon Says Stamp, use dies as it's Diecember
Less is More challenge: use primary colors
CAS Colours Sketches: choose a color challenge and make it festive.

I've used the colors from the 200th challenge for my background. I mixed them to get an ombre effect.



To start I diecut a round sticthed cirle from Schut 300grams or 140lbs watercolor paper, then I diecut the stag from the bottom, leaving the silhouette of the stag/deer/buck...I don't know...Bambi ;-)


I then applied water and then the blues. I used Talens ecoline as I'm so happy to have spotted them over at Simon Says Stamp.

I used Memento ink to stamp the Hero arts sentiment from Classic Christmas borders.
To make it snow I splattered white ecoline after the panel was dry-ish, it kinda mingled with the background, but I like the depth that creates.
I've used a fixative spray to safe guard the panel.
 I mounted the panel with foam tape and adhered it to the cardbase.




Updated Dec. 18th:






13 comments:

  1. Stunning use of the blues on your background, really makes the stag head pop. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Maaike! Love the sky and snow background! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design, Maaike. The ombre blues and use of the negative die cut are really striking. So sorry to hear about your mum. Sending hugs x
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, perfect use of those colors. Thanks for joining us at CC&S. Sorry for the loss of your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your mothers passing. Hoping a bit of time in the craft room is helping you through this time. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've used those cool, blue hues - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully CAS and atmospheric too. Sorry to hear about your Mum passing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card ... the blue works so well.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry about your mum's passing Maaike. Thinking of you and hoping you're coping okay {hug}. Your card is beautiful, full of understated elegance with those dark blues and simple shapes. Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you sincere condolences Maaike on the passing of your Mum. My grandma also passed away last week so it does feel somewhat surreal right now. I'm thrilled you found some down time to create this stunning card for the challenge. Those blues are stunning and a perfect take on the challenge at Less is More. Beautifully done and a beautiful card. Sending big hugs and thanks for playing along. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for the loss of your Mum, sending my deepest sympathies to you. So glad you found some peace and time to enjoy your passion for card making. Your card is a CAS festive beauty, loving your colour choice too. Thanks so much for joining in at Uniko, CC&S and Less is More this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous way to use the blues to create a nighttime sky behind your buck. Thanks so much for joining in our holiday colors challenge at CC&S!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. Please accept my sympathy. {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning - going to have search out ecoline -so sorry about your mum- deepest sympathies

    ReplyDelete