Tuesday 18 July 2017

lots of patterned paper

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: use plaid and showcasing Lawn Fawn.

I used Lawn Fawn Forest border die and the trees are a plaid that was in a SSS cardkit, I can't remember which though.
The sky is a  greyish blue, almost a worn wood panel and the watercolor stripes I thought could look like fields with different crops.

I used SSS birthday balloons for the sentiment and I stamped it with Versafine onyx black ink.
Mounted the sky flush to the cardbase and the tree hill with foamtape.

I colored the trees brown with an alcohol marker.
Glued the tree tops to the trunks with liquid glue.

I wanted to keep the sky and field as neutral as possible, so the plaid would  pop. I tried plaid or ginham sky and earth...was too much..way too  much.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Maaike :-) the forest border is fabulous with the plaid trees! the whole design of this is fabulous!

    (the paper is from a Lawn Fawn Rainbow paper pack too ;-))

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete