Sunday 2 July 2017

Oldie but goodie #10 and Everyday Christmas #8, with video

Today's card is a combo for the Oldie and the Christmas series.
I used the Art Impressions Whoots stamp, still available at Simon Says Stamp and the Hero Arts deer 4x6 set.

I stamped both the banner as the image with Simon Says Stamp intense black on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper.

For the coloring I used Spectrum Noir markers and I kind of drew inspiration from the packaging, but toned down the number of colors to keep it more tranquil.
I thought it would look fun if the owls , where holding or sitting on top of the banner. I didn't mask off anything and it work OK-ish. I mean a curved banner and a straight line of owls was never going to fit perfectly.
At the point of coloring I had no idea how to fill in the gap between the banner and owls. I chose to use the same colors, but maybe a darker grey behind the banner would be better...

After coloring I used tape runner to adhere the panel to the cardbase.



1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great just the way you colored it. Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete