Monday 6 December 2021

AAA Birthday Challenges: #32: easel card



 This month the AAA Birthday Challenge is to make an easel card.

It's also my birthday month, so I made a frosty scene, a cute frosty scene I should say, for a birthday card in the middle of winter.

The image is a digi from Digidoodle design studio and I printed it on Copic safe paper, added the sentiment whilst I was in Photoshop.

Then I cut off the upper portion, not strictly neccessary, But I thought it would be fun if portions of the image would stick out the top.

To make my easel I cut a 12x12inch piece of card in half (6x12") and then folded it in half and the folded bit in half again. I'm sure it's the most basic way to make an easel, I had to look it up, it's not my normal style. I found the image on the internet with the search engine.

To make sure the folded bit stays put, I've added a piece of patterned paper from Doodlebug Design, it's a few years old, but it has pretty coloured snowflakes on it, I mounted the piece of patterned paper with foam, so  the folded bit can tuck behind it. I cut the patterned paper to 6x4 inches. I matched the scene to the same width. To colour my scene I took inspiration from the colourful snowflakes.




For more information, or to play along the AAA Birthday Challenge, see this.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Happy birthday month to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely winter scene, hope you've had a fantastic month.

    ReplyDelete