Thursday 30 December 2021

foiling on acetate






 The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: Party!, so is the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge .

I was heat embossing on the Crafter's Companion Heat Resistant acetate the other day and I got to think maybe I can also foil on it.

It doesn't say on the packaging, so it was an experiment and it worked. I  printed the sentiment with my laser printer on the heat resistant acetate . then Added Wow fab foil in gold and passed it through my MInc (like) machine that also worked.Funny cos with the heat gun I could see it starting to bubble if I held it in one spot too long, but this is way cool.

I then cut an aperture in a panel with nesting circle dies and traced the opening onto the cardbase. Applied Distress inks : Chipped Sapphire, Prize Ribbon and Blue Print Sketch, then splattered with water and Liquid Stardust from Lawn Fawn.

Adhered the acetate to the back of the opening with taperunner and then mounted the panel with foamtape.

With different fonts and wording, this opens a lot of possibilities, which I always like. Imagine  Merry Christmas, maybe with a tree shaped aperture, a snowflake, a heart and Happy Valentine or Mother;s day card? Anything is possible.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.




2 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for the heads up on where to get heat resistant acetate! Congratulations on your new position in AAA Cards. There is a new challenge, Colorfuloptions.blogspot.com. I'd appreciate if you check it out. Cheers, MK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Makira, I shall check it out, sounds fun.thank you

      Delete