Monday 3 April 2017

Baby bird

I wanted to use this set on camera, and I pulled it out last week somewhere for the Simon Says stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything goes showcasing Stampendous products.
Somehow I completely forgot to make it and well I thought I'd better hurry as it's Monday.
Now the Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp is: rainbows and showcasing Tim Holtz products.

I combined them as I might forget to enter Monday too.
I used the Stampendous set cling spring tweets which is a cling mounted set with a matching stencil enclosed, that's cool.
And I used Tim Holtz Distress inks for watercoloring and the rainbow.

I stamped the nest first with SSS intense black, my favorite ink at the moment. I guess I could have used the stencil, but I  made a mask with post it paper and masked off the nest so I could stamp the branch; then I used the same mask to mask the branch more or less so I could stamp the mama bird.

I chose fairly neutral colors for my watercoloring as I wanted the baby blue bird to stand out. (and mommy birds usually are boring colorwise for camouflage purposes).
I used:  salty ocean, spiced marmalade for the beaks, frayed burlap and ground espresso for the branch and nest.
Pumice stone and frayed burlap for the mother.
As my watercolor panels are always slightly narrower than the cardbase I have a little space to fill in, usually I use washi tape, but today I inkblended on a rainbow with Distress inks: candied apple, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, twisted citron, mowed lawn, mermaid lagoon and wilted violet.
I splattered it  with water and lifted some of it off with a paper towel.I mean that's obligatory when using Distress inks,right?

Mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase.
I thought the card needed a bit more color and what's better than a rainbow?
a unicorn...lol

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.


5 comments:

  1. Love this sweet card. Fabulous watercoloring & great way to combine those challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. It's Lisa from A Blog Named Hero. I'm pretty sure you won on our blog hop, can you go to our winner's page and check it out.

    http://www.ablognamedhero.com/2017/03/anniversary-blog-hop-winners/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks, I completely forgot the deadline had arrived and didn;t check, so thank you!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous CAS card Maaike! The image is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card and the image is just adorable and beautifully coloured! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete