Monday 24 April 2017

what an old goat!, with videos

The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: we've got  your number, meaning adding a number to your project.
Now for me one wasn't enough, instead I made a backdrop with it.
I had planned to watercolor my goat from Art Impressions (old goat set) and had stamped him with Simon Says Stamp intense black on hot pressed watercolor paper. I did a test cut on the Scan N cut, and adjusted the blade accordingly, somehow though on the stamped bit it didn't cut through again.

Tried to finish cutting him with my scissors, looked dreadful and I actually flung it across the room and started again with Crafter's Companion Neenah solar paper and then used the Spectrum Illustrators to color him, I think it's a him ;-).
 I'm glad I did the cutting first, can you imagine ruining that bit after you colored it?

After I finished the goat I placed all the numbers from Lawn Fawn's Finley 1.2.3 on the black cardstock and diecut the whole panel, using some numbers twice.

I used the same colors Distress inks for my inkblending (cracked pistachio, Victorian Velvet and Peacock feathers) I inkblended directly on to my cardbase, which is digital or laser copy paper from Canon, slightly coated, very nice and smooth.

Mounted the black panel with loads of tiny foam squares and adhered it to the base.
I stamped the sentiment form Simon Says Stamp Birthday 3x4 set with Versamark and I used Wow! opaque bright white to emboss it. Not perfect, but OK.
More foam squares on the back of the goat and I placed him slightly off the cardbase for a fun and playful detail.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this


1 comment:

  1. I love your card. The goat is beautifully colored and the design is awesome. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete