Thursday 20 April 2017

diy glitter paper and color layering Koi, with video

I made my Father's day card today.
In the Netherlands Father's day is in June, but hey, ready is ready ;-).
I made this card also for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge (splash it on), and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (showers/flowers with Prima products).

So for my card I diecut a circle from 140lbs cardstock and a bigger circle from 110lbs cardstock.
I put Versamark ink on the die cut circle and used Wow! vintage peacock embossing powder and heat set it.
I think that gives the illusion of water. My aqua glitter paper is almost all used up, so I;m hoarding it, but I think this might work even better.
I used the Hero arts color layering Koi and Memento dew drops to stamp my fish (dandelion, tangelo, Paris dusk and tuxedo black), then let the scan n cut cut him out.
The sentiment is from Marianne design, but there's similar one across the industry, this one says "for the best father", I used Versafine onyx black ink for it and heat set it.
Traces the opening onto the cardbase and adhered the glittery water onto it with red sticky tape as the panel warped slightly from the heat.
I then Mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase.
Mounted the fish on the lower left side with tape runner or foamtape where needed.
I then attached some Prima flowers (at least I think they are, no more packaging) with gluedots in the opposite corner.
Some liquid glass as dew drops, which I kind of regret now, but hey, you live and learn.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this


2 comments:

  1. oh wow, this is a gorgeous card, I adore the background and the fish! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I really like how the koi is swimming into the glittery circle! Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete