Thursday 27 April 2017

You are always on my mind...with video

Certainly thue for cats thinking about a yummy bird dinner ;-) hehe...My boy Tjeerd has come home with the odd bird and bat! urgh he doesn't eat them as he's few properly and athough not hungry like they used to be in the wild, they still have the urge to hunt, it's in their dna, so I go "oh well done, good boy" while my heart sinks a little.

Anyway I got my prize in from the Hero arts anniversary bloghop and I won a giftcard for Newton's Nook designs. I got the new birdbath, wild child and the splendind stags dieset, working ahead for Christmas lol.

Also got in my small order from Seven hill crafts and it all came together in the card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: anything goes showcasing Newton's Nook products.
I ordered the Sugar pea designs stampset this little piggy with another giftcard from Simon says Stamp and I thought the die next to it was the farmscape, but it turned out to the the schoolscape, and they couldn't change it anymore. So I went to look for the farmscape one closer to home,  because of the price of international postage. I ended up in England at Seven Hill crafts and got it in yesterday as well with a little thank you in Dutch, that was cool.

For my card I stamped Newton, now Tjeerd, onto hot pressed watercolor paper from Schut with Simon Says Stamp Intense black ink, and well one pass was enough, even with the new stamps, but I stamped it twice, just because I can ;-)
I used Talens ecoline to watercolor the image and then cut him out and went around the edges with a black Memento marker. I then used the Nuvo glitter gloss pen on the water

For the homscape panel I used Bristol smooth card and diecut the homescape from the top, leaving the card as long as possible, so I could decide later where to chop it. traced the edge onto the cardbase and applied Distress ink Tumbled glass with a mini inkblending tool, Just enough so the houses would show better and to  break up all the white and camouflage the fact the Bristol is slightly creamier in color than my cardbase.

I stamped the sentiment from the birdbath set with Versafine black onyx ink. and the little flying bird with the intense black again. I colored it with the Spectrum Aqua pens (sunflower and marigold)
Mounted the panel with foamtape and the Birdbath as well.
Adhered everything together.


For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this

3 comments:

  1. Super card , pretty scene and love your sweet little kitty too Maaike ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your cute Kitty card and love how the scenic border.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the way you used the die cut behind the image to make a scene! Adorable!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete