Saturday 22 April 2017

You are my sunshine...



The Less is More Challenge is: stripe(s) and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is:  splash it on. The SSS Wedneday Challenge is flowers/showers.

So a kitty in the rain, might make quite a splash ;-).
I wasn't really prepared for the size of this image, on the packaging it's slightly bigger, so that threw me somewhat. The stamp is from C.C. Design and it's called grouchy kitty rb1023.
I stamped him (i think it's a him) with Simon Says Stamp Intense black and colored him with my Spectrum Noir markers. I used to have a red rain cape when I was small, but that's for girls so I gave him a yellow coat, much like on the image, I colored him with blue grays so look somewhat like my own cats, so I gave him a black nose. On the image it's
pink, didn't like that .

The sentiment is from Paper Smooches (fun and flirty) and I also stamped it with SSS intense black, didn't want to chance it a second time as I had already messed it up once, it was first on the bottom and I wanted to align the sentiment so I masked off the lower line and oh well it all went wrong ;-).

I had chosen a different patterned paper as well, but as my panel shrunk I didn't have enough of that one (it had grey, yellow green and a bit of pink in it. blue too tying in all the colors....maybe I should start again...17-118 was as I envisaged...

Mounted the panel with foam tape,. adhered the patterned paper onto the cardbase with tape runner and mounted it all together.

Still cute, not as I envisaged,but still good! I want to be honest and I don't like to pretend this is how it was meant to be...

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Less is More challenge, see this
For more Information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this


9 comments:

  1. Your colouring is fab and that grouchy cat is so fun! I love the stripes that you have added on both cards, Maaike - they really add to the playful feel. Thank you playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super makes and loving the kitty

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een leukertjes. Groetjes, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really looks cute and fun - the cat has a wonderfully resigned expression! Great colouring, and the stripey paper showing under the main panel is a super touch and lifts it all perfectly. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super cool and fun image which you've coloured perfectly on both cards. Love the coordinating stripes from subtle on the first card to bold and striking on the second. Great ideas and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely cute! love the image and the sentiment you've used! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cat's expression really made me smile - it's so adorable Maaike! Great work on the colouring and the striped sections are terrific. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards Maaike! Th image is super cute & just perfect for our challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun stamp, the cat's expression is adorable! Both cards are lovely, great colouring and the bolder stripes on the second card is particularly striking.

    ReplyDelete