Monday 19 January 2015

Lawnscaping challenge: stamped background

For this Lawnscaping challenge (my first!) I used 2 stamp sets for the background the happy from winter penguin and the little heart from sending hedgehugs.

Although not strictly meant for stamping i used all kinds of blue toned Distress inks and some blue/green colors.

I die cut Birthday with Lawn Fawn's Finley's ABC and raised it a little to create dimension.

At first i thought of using the same stamped background or blue, but I went with red, so it really pops.


for more info on this challenge see this


  

10 comments:

  1. Super leuke kaart Maaike, leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Lawnscaping :)
    Ik begrijp dat het je eerste x is dat je meedoet bij ons. Hoop je snel weer terug te zien !
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...how did you get all the words so properly aligned! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ren, I winged it ;-) by eye, the diagonal helps ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and thank you both, i just took my time to stamp the words

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo cute! love the color combo!! thank you for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! What fabulous idea to use the sentiment as a background! Fantastic!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you thank you thank you, i literally have 3 Lawn Fawn stamp sets and i used two !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the gradation color of the words, nice background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I love the layout of this card, it is so creative! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card! I love how you combined diecutting and stamping! Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete