Monday 14 September 2015

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love this technique

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love this technique.

My favorite technique is using Distress inks on backgrounds and for watercoloring.

I did a little of both on my card.

I used the Simon Says Stamp die Tri square to cut out the windows on the frontpanel.

Traced their position onto the cardbase and sponged Distress inks in their place (squeezed lemonade, cracked pistachio and tumbled glass).

The butterflies are made from 3 different background panels I like to make and then never seem to use.
The dark purple is Dusty concorde diluted with perfect pearl mist instead of water, not sure if you cans ee the shimmer in the photo.
the middle one is festive berries, seedless preserves sponged onto the card, then splattered with water and white spray stain.
the third is almost the same but it contains also brushed pewter spray stain splatters, also  some Chipped sapphire and I sponged it on dry but then sprayed the panel to make the colors flow
I guess you need to see them all together to appreciate all  that work ;-)

I've then diecut all the panels and made a bunch of butterflies for stock.

Used a Dutch get well sentiment die to diecut the sentiment from the same cardstock as the panel as I wanted it to look like it was letter pressed.
Few rhinestones that pick up the colors of the butterflies and I tired to choose those butterflies that would pop with the background, like purple yellow or pink and green p.e.

For more information on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this






1 comment:

  1. Wat een mooi kaartje, de vlinders zijn erg leuk. Bedankt voor het meedoen met Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete