Tuesday 24 May 2016

Birthday wishes shaker card with video


Another entry to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: make a wish.

I used the Simon Says Stamp birthday wishes frame die to build the shaker.

I adhered Ken Oliver's Stick-it onto a panel of white cardstock and green foam.

I chose green for the pop of color and because the fillings to the shaker will be mostlygreen tones.

After diecutting hte panel I took off the protective film on the stick it and plaved a piece of acetate for the shaker window, then placed the foam. Now foam sometimes gets squised in the diecutting process, and I had to do a little foam surgery to make it fit. But it's still easier than foamtape, especially on this thin frame.

I filled the shaker  with loads of small confetti I got at Action, a Dutch chain of cheap stores, they have lots of craft supplies as well, but never the same all the time, so if yousee it, grab it,it might be gone the next time.

I grabbed three packs of small glass bottles with star confetti, pearl beads ( I think they're called) and glitter, added gold stars and green and gold sequins to bulk it up.
I used the same color bright green as the backing ot the shaker.

Was contemplating wether to do a green back or a white, but chose green, because it was so bright and fun!

Used tape gun to adhere the shaker pocket to the card at an angle.


For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this





No comments:

Post a Comment