Saturday 28 May 2016

relaxing in the sun

The Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday Challenge theme for May is: sunshine.

For my card I used Crafter's Companion Stamp (Popcorn the bear voor vaderdag). I stamped it with My favorite things hybrid black ink on Schut hotpressed smooth watercolorpaper.

I colored the image with Spectrum  Noir aqua pens and Distress inks.

The card is for father's day, not sure if it's masculine enough though ;-) I've stuck to a minimum number of colors for this reason.
It's daddy bear relaxing in the garden after pottering all afternoon, shielding himself from the sun with the newspaper, that's how hot it is and he's probably drinking tea ;-)
There is actually also a stamp saying relax, and this for father's day, kind of the reason I bought this set.

I mounted the panel with foamtape onthe cardbase.
As my watercolor panel is slightly smaller I adhered a strip of striped paper to fill in the gap.

For more information on the Work it Wednesday Challenge, see this


No comments:

Post a Comment