Wednesday 1 February 2017

Ink Smooshed background and faux shaker card, with video

I created this for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: the color of love, showcasing Reverse confetti, but I don't own any.

For my card I used the Simon Says Stamp Heart of flowers and the Technique Tuesday say it- Love you by Ali Edward.

I started by die cutting the heart from 140lb card panel and stamping the sentiment with Versafine black onyx ink, I heat set it to be sure.

For the background I used Distress inks and the "ink smooshing technique", see the video on how.
 I mounted the panel with foam tape and adhered the watercolored panel to it, adhered that with strong red sticky tape to the cardbase.

I used Candied apple, carved pumpkin,  picked rapberry
and wilted violet.
I also used these colors for the LOVE you card.
 the "you"is a partial sentiment , also from Technique Tuesday ( thank you).

For these three cards I adhered acetate behind the opening, so it's sturdier and easier to handle and mount the watercolor panel on. It looks like a shaker card, but isn't. on the orange one I place Ranger enamel accent on the acetate, making it look even more like a shaker card.

For the round window I sued Simon Says Stamp Circle of leave die cut.
Green Distress inks: cracked pistachio, mowed lawn, peacock feathers and lucky clover.
The orangey one is ripe persimmon, carved pumpkin and picked raspberry.
I used Simmer spritz "sparkle" to dilute the Distress inks,
instead of water.

Ranger enamel accents: electric lime,lily pad and caribbean coast for the green panel; pink gumball,  wild orchid and cheese puff , for the orange panel.
The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp birthday balloons and I also stamped it with Versafine black onyx ink and heat set it.


For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful set of cards you have made, the smooshed background of the heart card is gorgeous! Love the idea of the acetate too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabulous selection of cards, you must of had a great smooshing colour.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards, love the die cuts you used.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete