Sunday 20 February 2022

AAA Cards Challenge #209 1/9th + Favourite Animal

 

This fortnight we're playing a new game: 1/9th of the card front + the optional twist of Favourite Animal.

The twist was chosen by Asa. And, yes, I didn't use a cat! wow I know , I went for Panda bear the favourite animal of a friend this card is going to. I will add a sentiment before sending, but for the challenge I had to stick to the 1/9th.

I shall explain. a metric card size is 14,85cm x10,5cm. for easy sums I rounded it up to 15x10.5cm if you divide that into threes you get a rectangle of 3.5cmx5cm as shown in the game badge. You can use any of the 9 rectangles, but only one and ideally the sentiment should be in there too, or leave it out like I did. You can always add it later, after you've entered into the challenge, don't worry. You can use this grid on both portrait or landscape cards.

For my card I had to look for a stamp that was the right size. This is from Marianne Design (EC0179), I stamped it on Waterart paper with Versafine ink and colored it with Zig Clean Color real brush


pens. Now that I look at it I see purple and teal, so I might have snuck in my favourite colours lol..I didn't realise.

Cut it out with the matching dies and mounted it with foamtape to the cardbase. On my first version, I tried to make an inkblended rectangle behind the panda, but I really didn't like it.


For more information or to play along the AAA Cards Challenge, see this.


1 comment: