Hello, this fortnight we have a fun one for you (I think so anyway) I grew up in the 70's and 80's and the music back then was the best in my opinion, Disco, glitter rock and the like.
the resurrection of vinyl records, music tapes and such also made their way into the craft world. I did buy the music cassette from Marianne Design, probably should have gotten the record ha, there's glitter balls from orther brands and well you can use whatever you want, 70's also known for Peace signs, rainbows, tie die, flowerpower, disco for neon colors, cool movies and food or treats, cars...
For my card I printed the silhouttes from the game badge but Whimsy Stamps have similar ones as dies, I don't have them though.
These are from a royalty free image bank (PNG Wing)
I printed them and cut them out with the Scan n Cut.
For the background I masked off ans area and applied Distress inks rainbow colors : Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron.Mustard Seed.
And then Splattered Lawn Fawn's Liquid Stardust on top, I love how it shines when the light hits it.
Sentiment is from My Favorite Things ( Bitty Birthday Wishes) and I stampe dit with Versafine ink.
I look forward to
your takes on the card, you can enter them here.
#AAAcards
#AAACardchallenge #CASChallenge #CASCard #Blogchallenge
#SuperCASchallenge
#Handmadecard #Cardmakers #Designteam
#Blogspotchallenge
#inkblending
#guestdesigner #challengewinner
I was around in the 70s and 80s (and the 60s, too, to be honest! I'm OLD!). You've captured the disco dance vibe wonderfully with your images and the rainbow background. Groovy, my friend, very groovy! Peace out!
ReplyDeleteHugs~carol
technically I was born in the 60's but just 2 weeks before 1970 started ;-) thank you
DeleteThis makes me sooo happy! I grew up in the same era and I remember my parents took disco dance classes together. :) Wonderful nostalgia for me, thankyou!
ReplyDeletethank you, I was never a disco dancer myself ;-)
Delete