Monday 23 March 2015

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: use stamp in different ways

Simon Syas stamp's challenge this week: use a stamp in different ways.
I did 3 techniques: heat embossing (left) water stamping (middle) and Distress ink stamping (far right).
For the background I used Distress inks (cracked pistachio and peacock feathers, my favourite combo), only the middle panel is just one colour (peacock feathers).
I've heat embossed on top wit  Lidny's stamp gang Hyacinth blue jade embossing powder.
The central panel is just water on the stamp. I've used versamark first on the stamp so the water clings a little to the stamp and doesn;t go all over the place. The Distress inks react to water, ofcourse, and bleaches the words.
The furthest panel is also sponged in  Distress inks and then stamped with Peacock Feathers. I've also used Versamark to make the Distress inks stick to the stamp , as we all know it doesn't stamp too well.
The Stamp I've used is from Hero Arts and is called K53344 La letter.
For the sentiment I've used  Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banner set and dies. I Sponged the banner in cracked pistachio and stamped with peacock feather.
I've added 2 blue metallic strips  and raised the outer panels for Interest.
Few pearls to even out design.

For More info on the Simon  Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this




















1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely card! Great use of this stamp in three ways! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete