Tuesday 7 March 2017

Happy wonderful...Christmas

yes, I made a Christmas card in March!...
I haven't had a chance to use this gorgeous die from My Favorite Things (happy wonderful Christmas) yet.

I've also chosen a Christmas card as the Work it Wednesday Challenge from Simn Says Stamp is to use green, and as we in the Netherlands, do not celebrate St. Patrick's day, green for me is Christmas.

Also combined last week's Wednesday Challenge, which is about to run out, but the challenge is: Tag you're it, showcasing Ranger products.

And I've also combined the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: make your own background showcasing Dylusions products.

Now I only have two Dylusions products a under the sea stampset, which wouldn't make sense on a Christmas card and a Dylusions spray (white linen), so I used that for my "snow" splatter.

To make the tag I inkblended a lot of Distress inks from Ranger in all sorts of green tones: cracked pistachio, mowed lawn, twisted citron, evergreen bough, peacock feathers, which I ended up covering for the most part with cracked pistachio as it was more blue than I intended.

I then splattered on the white spray, Distress spray stains in anitgued bronze, twisted citron and cracked pistachio and some water, heat setting in between colors.

Once dry I die cut the sentiment and cut a tag shape, as (name) tags also remind me of Christmas.

I've traced the area of the words onto the cardbase and inkswiped Mowed lawn in the area to give me green words. I didn't intend to replace all the bits and bobs, I think it reads just fine, lucky me.
On hindsight, once dry I feel I could have used a darker green, like forest moss maybe for more contrast, but I like it still.

Adhered the tag with liquid glue to the cardbase.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesdays Challenge, see this





3 comments:

  1. Love the sponged tag on the card. Great idea! I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Tag You're It Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta background you've created on that tag. Perfect for these challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty card and a fabulous background! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete