Tuesday 5 September 2017

Oldie but goodie #15 and Everyday Christmas #12, with video

For today's card I took inspiration from a My Favorite Things video I saw two/three weeks ago...I try to film and blog ahead...
The MFT video used the celebrate die and I believe the hippos, but I have neither of those, so I adapted it to my supplies.
I used the MFT happy wonderful Christmas die and the Beast friends stamp set for the little yeti.
This one holding the lights is my favorite and I stamped him on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper with Simon Says Stamp intense black ink and colored him with my Spectrum Noir and Spectrum Illustrator markers.
Let the Scan N cut cut him out before I color, in case I have a mishap...happens...

The I diecut the Happy Wonderful Christmas from the same paper as the cardbase, so they're the same color.
I strategically placed the die in the same spot as I wanted them on the card, so I can used the negative for placement and also for another card, with inkblending behind the openings, or patterned paper or colored card..anything really.

I used the quickie glue pen, and some letters didn't stick very well, so I had to fix a few, but no biggie.
I could have used Stick it, but thought this would give me some wiggle time, also I felt peeling the backing off such tiny letters, might proof problematic for me ;-)

I mounted the yeti with foamtape. I used the Nuvo clear gloss shimmer pen on the lights and a uniball signo gel pen to add highlights to his eyes.

I like the white on white, but you could use colored card or your markers to color each letter like his lights and make it a colorful card.
I think that would look fab if the words were happy and bright....You can use any alphabet dies if you have them instead of these completed dies.



No comments:

Post a Comment