Monday 2 August 2021

AAA Birthday Challenges #28: Photo Inspiration.


 The August theme for the AAA Birthday Challenges is: Photo Inspiration.

I see a turqoise cake and pink flowers.

And as it's a birthday Challenge, a cat licking the cake seems perfect.

I kept the cat a neutral colour so it would match with the pink and turquoise. It's just a coincidence he looks like my own lol.

For the background I inkblended Spun Sugar (plus whatever was left on my inkblending tool) through a circle mask, then I placed a floral  stencil on top and applied Picked Raspberry, both  Distress inks.

I then stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Things (Bitty Birthday Wishes), but it was

crooked so I cut out the circle and glued it onto another cardbase and restamped with Versafine ink.

The image is a digi from C.C. Designs. It's also available as a rubber stamp, but that's tiny, so I always opt for the resize possibilities of a digi stamp, it's called Cupcake Kitty.

Coloured it with my markers and then had the Scan N Cut do the cutting. Then I mounted the image with foamtape and placed it on top of the circle.



For more information or to play along the AAA Birthday Challenge, see this.



3 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute Maaike! I love the cute cat looking at his cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see exactly how the photo has inspired this card, absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great CAS window design and perfectly inspired by the photo! Thanks so much for inviting me back as a guest designer - it's always so much fun to join this amazing DT! Take Care!
    Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete