Monday 4 July 2022

AAA Birthday Challenges #39: Where in the World

 


This month we'd like you to make a Birthday Card representing where you're from.

I am from the Netherlands via Germany and Italy. I was Born in Scheveningen, now part of the Hague, but lived in Amsterdam and my canal houses are typical Dutch Canal or merchant houses. In Delft we have canals too, a few old and grand houses but nothing like Amsterdam where all the money went. For those paying attention our flag is red white and blue ;-)

Anyway I live in the suburbs on a waterway, a creek not a canal or the like, but fabulous open views.

For my card I masked off the lower bit and inkblended Tumbled glass


and  Salty Ocean and then decided to add some Picked Raspberry on the lower part of the Salty Ocean and that turned a nice shade of purple.I felt it needed more contrast.

Stamped the sentiment from Clearly Besotted (Laugh our loud) with Versafine ink. 

Diecut the houses from Nellie Snellen (SD183) three times and stacked them on top with liquid glue, then adhered it to the card. One would have been fine, but I messed up the first one, so decided to cut it again and then stack them why not? added a third layer to really add dimension.

For more information or to play along the AAA Birthday Challenge, see this.





1 comment:

  1. The tall canal houses are one of the main things I remember from my visit to Amsterdam. Such a pretty and buzzing city even in the snowy weather when I was there. The blues on your card remind me so much of that chilly December. Love that you've included photos of your neighbourhood too.

    ReplyDelete