Sunday 27 March 2016

Missing you already!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge theme: come rain or shine, with Avery Elle.

Now I have one Avery Elle Stampset and it's a Christmas one alas. Sorry!... I tried to order the elephant set  but it wasn't in stock, so I used Lili of the Valley stamp for the image instead (just a note).

I tried combining 3 sentiments from Simon Says Stamps sets (stinkin' cute and butterflies) but I couldn't get it very straight , or as straight as I 'd like ;-)
If you look at the second photo you can see the slant :-(, So gave up on that idea and went for the sentiment from Stinkin' cute only. I used Versafine to stamp it and then diecut the big word pop scalloped speech bubble from Memory box (my Diecember gift). Popped the speech bubble up with foam tape.
The hot pressed watercoloring paper from Schut is a cream color and doesn't match the speech bubble, but I
like the contrast, it makes it stand out a bit more. Not sure if the photo picks up on the different hues. I almost stamped on the image panel and drew in a speech bubble, but I didn't want to risk my coloring...
I stamped my image with StazOn and watercolored it with Distress ink.

I like the image with the sentiment for this challenge as I like to see two best friends having to part for any one reason...
My watercolor paper panel is always slightly smaller than a cardbase as I cut it up from a big block and I want to maximize the panels I get from it...you know what I mean? so I used some green starry washi tape at the side to fill the gap.


For more information on the Simon Says Stamo Wednesday Challenge, see this

1 comment:

  1. An adorable card Maaike, a lovely design with super colouring and the sentiment!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete