Thursday 12 April 2018

What's Kraken?

I made this card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Mythology/Inspired by a story and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Add some texture showcasing Tim Holtz products.

For my card I made the background with the Simon Says Stamp Waves Stencil. I actually inkblended Distress inks through it first with  a brush ( shaded lilac, tumbled glass and peacock feathers). Then I added texture with the Ranger texture paste (transparent gloss) to which I added a drop of Peacock feathers Distress inks refill and Distress glitter in same color, Just a drop and you can't see the inkblending anymore, but it made a great sea ;-).
I then Cut a panel, diecut an oval from it and added the sentiment (Lawn Fawn loveable legends). I stamped the Kraken on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper, and colored it with Spectrum Noir markers. Then added shimmer with the Nuvo shimmer pen.
Mounted the panel and part of the kraken with foamtape, adhered it to the cardbase, added the kraken and boat.

3 comments:

  1. Very fun design, Maaike, love those realistic waves! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious, shimmery texture on those waves, Maaike ... that little octopus is adorable against them them! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card, love the cute kraken monster. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete