Wednesday 26 September 2018

Craftin Desert Divas: Happily handmade a Halloween treatbag


This is week tow of release weeks from Craftin Desert Divas (CDD)

For my project I made a little treatbag.
CDD sells a treat bag die, but I don't have it, so I used my scoringboard.
And it's really simple.
You need a piece of card 6x12inches.
You score on the short side at 2" only.

then you score on the long side at 2", 5" 7"and 10" from top to bottom
You partially score at 1,6 and 11inches to make the fold line.

cut and notch flaps and stick it together. I like to use hot glue, but score tape or liguid glue, a strong one like the Nuvo deluxe glue will also work, you just have to hold it till the glue grips.

This is totally optional and you don't need to do this to make a cute little treatbag, but since I have the Harvest border dies from CDD, I diecut them from the top. Cut loose the bits on the ends and where they overlap I cut one row of pumpkins. Be careful as they're very delicate.

Then I fold the  box shut and glue all the sides and bottom flaps shut.
For the handle I used orange ribbon as I thought purple and orange are nice and Halloween like.

For the image I sued the new digi from CDD: Frankenstein cake. I have colored it with my Spectrum Noir markers.

Adhered it with the Nuvo glue to the bag.
For the sentiment on the back I just printed it onto 80lbs card from Word.






The haunted house is diecut from black card. It's also from the Harvest border dies, I cut it to fit as it's much longer.

Fille dit with chocolates. Sadly no candy corn as it's near impossible  to get in the Netherlands, or crazy expensive...I went for wrapped chocolates.


Materials used
Craftin Desert Divas:
Frankenstein cake: http://craftindesertdivas.com/frankenstein-cake-digital-stamp/?aff=104





No comments:

Post a Comment