Saturday 29 September 2018

National coffee day with Craftin Desert Divas digis

I made two card for the Nation Coffee day. On October 1st it is international coffee day.
One with the Coffee Fairy and one with the spooky mocha.

For the first card I used the Coffee Fairy digital stamp, printed her out on marker paper and colored her with alcohol markers, then cut it out using my plotter.
For the background I tried to make a soft focus autumnal forest with watercolors on a watercolor panel. I used fall type colors and dabbed them on randomly, sprayed more water to mave the colors, added some more until I was happy with it.

I diecut a grass border from the Outdoor landscapes 2 set. Glued the watercolor panel to a cardbase, glued the Fairy on top. I love Nuvo deluxe glue for this, perfect stay. Mounted the grass border with foamtape and adhered it on top
.

The spooky mocha card is a little different. I printed the digi on a panel of marker friendly paper. I used Illustrator markers for this and I found out they do not like big expanses. The smoothblend you get with the Noirs or small items with the illustrator is not there, but I rolled with it anyway.

The "body"of the bat is glittery embossing powder I applied by using the Versamarker to "wet" the area. I had to dip the tip of the marker in the actual inkpad, I think it's running on empty but it worked fine. I chose Halloween like colors for the  image and the sentiment is included in the stampset.

No comments:

Post a Comment