Thursday 27 September 2018

Alcohol lift ink background -Aurora Borealis with alcohol inks

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: anything goes, showcasing Hero Arts products.

I used the Hero Arts Tiny Stars background stamp for my sky.

First I stamped and cut the row of houses from Lawn Fawn (simply celebrate winter) with My Favorite Things Hybrid ink onto Marker paper and colored them with Spectrum Noir markers. I let the Scan n Cut do the cutting.
Stamped the sentiment from the same set with Versafine onyx black ink onto a panel and cut strips from it, for the bottom and top of my card.
for the Aurora Borealis (northern Lights) kinda back drop I've use Adirondack alcohol inks (purple twilight,botanical,indigo and mermaid) on Yupo paper.
First I sprayed the paper with rubbing alcohol and then dropped the inks onto it, sprayed it again and tilted the paper until I was happy with the coverage, adding a few more drops of certain colors. Heat set it slightly and carefully as it's plastic not actual paper and it might curl as it melts... then I inked up the Hero Arts Tiny Stars with Alcohol lift ink and stamped it on the background, then stamped the lifted bit onto an empty sheet of Yupo, it worked, but I'm not sure I like it  on the white.
Dabbed off extra ink from the background and then rubbed the background to reveal the starts. The show up better in the darker  bits, but there's a faint starry sky.

Measured how big my panel has to be to fit in between the two white strips, cut it to size and mounted it on the cardbase with strong red tape.mounted the strips and the  row of houses with foamtape and adhered them on top.



For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning alcohol ink aurora borealis! It is surely a beauty and such a fine idea of using the alcohol lift ink for the stars. WOW! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete