Sunday 30 September 2018

AAA Cards Challenge #125: Inspired by a TV Show

This fortnight The AAA Cards Challenge is all about TV shows, chosen by our DT member Cheryl.
Our sponsor is STAMPlorations.

For my card I used the Kindred Stamps set called Happy Accidents, and it's obviously based on Bob Ross. I loved watching Bob Ross when young. What he made wasn't really my cup of tea, but HOW he did it, was genius...zoof zoof and there's a tree or mountain or lake, little cabin...

I stamped Bob with My Favorite things hybrid black ink and colored him with my Spectrum Noir and Illustrator markers, cut him out.

I diecut a stitched square from a panel, so it
looks like a canvas Bob might be painting.
Stamped the sentiment from the same set  with Versafine Onyx black ink.

Traced the window or canvas onto the cardbase and applied Mermaid Lagoon Distress oxyde ink and Versamagic inks: Aspen Mist, Oasis Green and Hint of Pesto.
Splattered the inblending with a water and bleach solution.

Mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered it to the card base. Used tape runner to adhere Bob.


For more information, more DT examples and or to play along the AAA Cards Challenge, see this.

5 comments:

  1. Never heard of this one Maaike. I'm finding it fascinating looking at all the DT cards and seeing all the different shows we've watched over the years. I'm thinking age as well as location in the world is a big influence in our choices. Great card Maaike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant, Maaike! I'd never heard of Bob Ross until I went to university in the US. Like you, his style wasn't really my thing but I loved watching those landscapes slowly take shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! This is the second one I guessed immediately, so you nailed it too! Loved watching him paint those trees. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Maaike! I have never heard of Bob Ross either - must google him. Sounds like he may have been the US equivalent of the artist Tony Hart in the UK...

    ReplyDelete