Tuesday 12 February 2019

Color Changing Chameleon from Your Next Stamp, video

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is to make an interactive card.
The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Typography (play with letters).
Not entirely sure if adding a sentiment is playign with letters, might have to  make another, but for now this is it.

I made a spinning wheel card. instead  of the dies included in the set to make a video, I used the Chameleon shape.
The Chameleon is from Your Next stamp (one in a chameleon), it comes with matching dies, but I don't  have them.

For my wheel I've used a scalloped circle diecut and inkblended Distress inks on them (Candied apple,carved pumpkin, mustard seed,twisted citron, mowed lawn, blueprint sketch, wilted violet  ans picked raspberry).

I stamped the chameleon and sentiment on a panel, the same size as the card base and I've used Versafine Clair Ink for that.
I then cut out the chameleon with a little border and poked a hole in the centre of the  panel.

I also stamped the chameleon with Stazon on acetate and mounted this behinde the opening so the line drawing or stamping is back.

Punched a notch frm the side, so you can actually turn the wheel. I forgot to do this on

the cardbase too, and fixed it later only to cut into my wheel, so don't do that ;-).
 A brad keep everything in place and some foamtape add dimension between the wheel and the cardbase, so it turns easier.

I did use a nice purple brad but to make it look like it belongs there, in the middle on my white panel, I added some enamel dots.

I think it's super fun how the Chameleon  changes color, almost real;-)..ha..

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.



No comments:

Post a Comment