Thursday 20 June 2019

Polar Express?

Well I think the Polar Express from the animated movie was blue, but I chose Christmas red as the sky is also blue and I wanted it to stand out.
I made this card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :vacation/travel and Iwas so happy to see at least one Christmas/winter card from the DT. I wasn't sure if I would  fit the theme, but I guess I do ;-) I'm Showcasing Lawn Fawn with the stampset Param pa pum pum and the slide on over dieset.

I'm also entering it into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: transport it, and I thought my little train would be perfect.


I stamped my images with My Favorite
Things Extreme black ink and colored them with my Spectrum Noir Triblends.

For the background I've inkblended Distress oxides: tumbled glass, Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire.
I then splattered it with water, Distress spray stain Brushed Pewter and White linen Dylusions spray ink.

I heat set it to dry it,then diecut out the slider portion.
My city scape is from Craftin Desert Divas and the sentiment is from the same Lawn Fawn set and I heat embossed it with Wow metallic silver regular embossing powder.

I adhered my train onto a strip of acetate so I can move it as one.
Mounted the panel and city with foamtape and put it all together.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.






No comments:

Post a Comment