Wednesday 3 March 2021

The Male Room Challenge #148: not a card


 I'm so honoured to announce I've joined the Male Room Challenge Design Team. I've played along many times, and I'm so glad they wanted me.

For the "not a card" challenge, I thought I could make a bookmark.

I cut a strip of watercolour paper, Schut hotpressed and coloured it with Talens Ecoline, then splattered it with the pearlescent colour in the Finetec Metallic, for stars, a little shimmer. I've stamped the tree with Versafine ink once the background was dry.

Stamped the Giraffe from Katzelkraft (les Jungles) onto Copic paper and coloured it with Triblend Markers, then cut it out. I thought the


long neck was perfect for a bookmark, I could have placed him a bit higher, but didn't want to cover all of the tree.

Also the Katzelkraft stamps are just perfect for masculine cards I think.

Glued  the giraffe ontop and passed it through a laminator.

Cut of excess and punched a hole  in the top, bit of ribbon to hang out of the book.

For more information on the Male Room Challenge, see this.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bookmark, love your coloring.
    I look forward to working together in a creative team, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We so think alike! love the book mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bookmark. I too thought the long neck of the giraffe was perfect for the long length of the bookmark even before I read your post!! X

    ReplyDelete