Tuesday 9 August 2016

Distress inks recipes for blended backgrounds

Well, not just backgrounds ofcourse.
I chose some of my favorite colors and tried others to see how they work together.
I made thin strips of the cardstock I usually use , blended them with my mini blending tools and then stuck them back on a full sheet, so I can insert them in my binder.

I scanned them instead of photograping them, as it's close to midnight, I thought that would give the best color representation. But I'm not so sure it worked that way.


So if you like the sound of some of my recipes, why not recreate them on your own cardstock or watercolor paper if you prefer and see how they work for you.


I hope you can read my handwriting ;-)

I made a Word document but you can't download it anymore, it shows you all the recipes I made, you can even print it and then use the otherside for the blending, that way you'll always know they colors you've used, just cut along the lines, I've  made it to fit a European sized A4 (about 8"x11") but it's Word, so you can adapt it.

If you want one I can send it to you if you message me on facebook/cardsbymaaike....I don't know how to make it downloadable as I  don't have a website anymore. 


Updated on October 15th: more recipes added in this post: http://cardsbymaaike.blogspot.nl/2016/10/more-distress-inks-recipes.html
update on January 19th 2018: three more added at : https://cardsbymaaike.blogspot.nl/2018/01/distress-inks-recipes-3.html









16 comments:

  1. Wauw.....wat een mooie kleuren combinaties Maaike.
    Zag het in mijn mail al voorbij komen ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dank je wel, ik heb net dat lege vel nog bijvevuld, want die ene strip was erg eenzaam ;-) en ik heb het bovenste vel aangepast

      Delete
  2. Wow! I really like this idea, Maaike. I have to make some time to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the wonderful color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these. They are a wonderful resource.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea - Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is amazing! Some wonderful combos here Maaike! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing this video - I must now invest in some distress inks. I did however, get a bit lost when u mentioned the stencil part - can u elaborate please?

    Debra Wood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure which video you mean as there's isn't one in this post

      Delete
  10. Thank You! It´s very helpful for new Distresser like me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous and useful tool Maaike! I think I might have to try a couple of your combos, gorgeous hun! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bedankt, mooie kleurencombinaties.

    ReplyDelete