Saturday 23 January 2016

If friends were like flowers, I'd pick you

I'd like to enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: best friends
and the
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: create with critters and Lawn Fawn

So, for my card I stamped a sentiment in Versafine Black Onyx, it's from Joy! crafts (cherry blossom tree)
and then I stamped all the images (from Lawn Fawn gleeful garden) with Memento black ink and colored them with my Spectrum Noir and (a few) Copic markers, then used the matching dies to cut them out.
I cut apart the antennas of the big snail and stuck a flower in it as if he's carrying it to his little friend...like the sentiment says... does that make sense?

I used the My favorite things snow drift dies to diecut green cardstock in 3 different hues to make hills. A blue panel for the sky,
I mounted the hills with foamtape so I could stick the flowers behind.
Was contemplating to  do the sentiment in white embossing powder as if it were a cloud, but then decided against it as I like bold sentiments.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, see this
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this



3 comments:

  1. This is such a charming card! I love your ability to create whole entire scenes out of individual stamps. I always want to jump into your cards and wander around for awhile because they're so HAPPY! You have a great eye and a real knack for conveying emotion through your art. I thought it was so clever to make the snail carrying the flower to his friend! Adorable work here and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Love that sentiment! Great design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete