Thursday 7 January 2016

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: something new

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: something new with W+9

I almost ordered the W+9 set with the giraffe (wild one?) but for some reason I opted for the giraffe one from Art impressions instead. I think SSS had them both in stock, and I can't remember my reasoning, anyway those are still on their way to me, so couldn't have used them anyway.

Sorry no W+9

For the something new I used a Marianne Design stamp (Eline's brush), which I bought today, so really new :-D
The ladybug or ladybird, depending on where you live, is a stamp from  Gingersnaps (Bugga-Boo's)
and it's new to me, I bought it off a second hand website, but on doing a search for it I came across a blogpost from 2009,not new in the crafting world, just to me, but still cute!

I inked the brush stroke stamp with Distress inks (mermaid lagoon and mowed lawn as in sky and grass) spritzed it with Perfect Pearls mist and then Stamped it.

The girl was stamped with Memento on Neenah classic crest cardstock and coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers. I raised her with foamtape and then added  grass at her feet to ground her. Ladybugs usually have brown or black bellies, but it being a costume I felt red was nicer ...

Then I thought I probably shouldn't mess up all this work  by trying to stamp a sentiment on bumpy watercolor cardstock, so I decided to diecut a Simon Says Stamp (small hello) die and I had to  position the plates carefully as I didn't want to squish her, literally, poor thing ;-)
but it worked!
I adhered some blue cardstock, similar to mermaid lagoon onto the cardbase and then mounted the watercolor panel with foamtape also.
I only placed the insert for the "e" as I wanted the bold color to come through as much as possible.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: something new, see this





No comments:

Post a Comment