Thursday 15 September 2016

CAS Christmas Card


The theme of the Wednesday Challenge, over at Simon Says Stamp is: CAS (clean and simple) featuring CAS-ual Fridays.

I have the CAS-ual Fridays stamp set called lovely snowflake and must love snowflakes, so had to be a Christmas card ;-).

I stamped the snowflake and sentiment from Lovely snowflake onto a panel slightly smaller than the card base (1cm) and I used Versafine black onyx for that.
I even used the MISTI but I had to redo this card/panel 4 times! see picture.
You can’t hide anything with CAS cards ;-)

Then I used Lawn Fawn dies (Finley’s 123) to die cut the 25 out of the panel for Christmas day.
I  sponged Distress ink twisted citron on the card base behind the 25 opening so it would make it pop.

I chose twisted citron because it’s so vibrant, I considered mowed lawn, my favourite green and even cracked pistachio, but I thought they would be too bland.

I made a similar card before using ice blue and a red behind the openings.

I mounted the panel with foam tape and then used Ranger enamel accents in electric lime for some enamel dots.
Then I dropped my eraser on the panel and smooshed out all the enamel accents L so started again...

I almost left out the dots on this last attempt,  but I won’t let a card defeat me ;-)..placed them somewhere else on the card too.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this




No comments:

Post a Comment