Wednesday 9 October 2019

Printing with Distress ink


I think everyone knows how to stamp/print with their acrylic blocks, and you can get round ones, scalloped  or rectangle ones. But I found this acrylic star shape in my local craftstore the other week and I thought that might work the same, it does, but it's very thin, so harder to hold, so I made a little handle with some tape.

I made this card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge : Christmas, showcasing Neat and Tangled. Although I have a few Neat & Tangled products, none fit the Christmas theme.

So for my card I recreated one I made Monday, that ended up not fitting the two challenges I meant it for, I've included it below.

For the green star I've used many green colors of Distress inks, in tow layers as I thought the first was a bit muted, I remember: mowed lawn, shabby shutters, peeled paint, twisted citron. The red one  was made with Candied apple, carved pumpkin and mustard seed. I also made a rainbow one with Mermaid lagoon, mowedlawn, mustard seed, carved pumpkin and candied apple.

I dabbed the mini ink cubes on the shape, spritzed lightly with water and pressed it onto watercolor paper; smooshing the water around where it was needed. Let is dry.

The Christmas is a Sizzix thinlits from Tim Holtz and the trees are from JoyCrafts, that's a Dutch brand,  but there are many similar ones around, I like their tall stature and stem...wish my legs were that long haha...

A few glittery enamel dots to make it more sparkly for Christmas.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. see this.

1 comment:

  1. Caught my eye in the SSS gallery. Love the design, the color with the black and white contrast. Fun that you did ink smooshing for the star - I'd assumed it was blended. Love the pink "sky" one.

    ReplyDelete