Sunday 5 July 2020

AAA Cards Challenge #169 Made in Minutes + Christmas in July 2 cards in under 15 minutes, with video


This fortnight the theme was chosen by  Lucie and she chose Christmas in July as the optional twist to the Made in Minutes theme.

Our sponsor is Time for Tea stamps. See the card with their images below.


I made two cards in under 15 minutes, you can see the real time video down below or on Youtube.
For my cards I used the Katzelkraft Penguins and stamped them with Gina K Amalgam ink on  two cardbases. Then I knew where to apply  masking tape and embossing powder.

I've used Wow  Diamond White embossing glitter, but glitter paper might be easier and even quicker, or make your own glitter paper with this embossing powder and cut strips.

For the sentiment I've used the Simon Says Stamp Tiny words Christmas and same Amalgam ink.
I then coloured the beaks, feet and skates with alcohol marker, and I know they might bleed through a little, but it's fine. I didn't do much shading because of this, you could add some tho their belly, but that would definitely show. You could cover that with some extra card on the inside. 



For the  stamps from our sponsor Time 4 Tea Designs, I printed them onto Crafter's companion Neenah paper and coloured them with Alcohol markers. Cut them out. On the cardbase I  applied Distress Oxide blue (whatever was left on the blending tool) and spritzed some Lawn Fawn Liquid Stardust. Mounted the images on top with tape runner and or foamtape. The images are from the set: Pawsome Christmas. 

For more information or to play along the AAA Cards Challenge, see this.



4 comments:

  1. Love those penguins! And the last card with the sponsor stamps is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Great Christmas in July cards, Maaike! Those penguins are so cute! Love all that glittery snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute cards! Those penguins look like they are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable cards. I love those penguins.

    ReplyDelete