Wednesday 1 November 2023

AAA Birthday Card Challenges #55: Large Sentiment



 

Hello, this month we at AAA Birthday Card Challenges are all about the sentiment, a BIG Sentiment.

For my card I've used the Marianne Design alphabet (Col1449), the biggest letter dieset I have and it was actually so big it didn't fit on a normal size card A6 or 4"x6", so I made it a slimline.


I did start on an A6 panel and inkblended a rainbow of Distress inks and then splattered with water, white paint and Lawn Fawn Liquid Stardust.

Lined them up as best as possible, always hard with individual elements and raised all the letter with foamtape. 

As I cut the A4 cardstock into a slimline size, I always have this panel left, so I thought I should use it and it just fits the letters  in two rows.

I measured the centre of this panel and laid out the letters, then picked them up one by one, mounted them with foamtape and stuck them on the panel.Not perfect, but I'm fine with it actually.

I did try to take the R off and re stick it, but it wasn't budging and, at this point, I really didn't want to mess up, so I left it.

The white on white was a bit Blah, so I also added a black matte, makes the letters pop for sure.

Stuck all of it together, thought about adding some enamel dots, but I didn't think it needed it.

I thought I would have the inkblended panel left to do an opposite card with white letters and a rainbow background, and if I had measured properly I probably might have, but as the Y on Birthday didn't fit in one row, the  panel doesn't work any more.

To enter your card into the AAA BIrthday Card Challenges, see this.

3 comments:

  1. A really bright and fun card Maaike. The large alphabet is gorgeous and your ink blending is fabulous as always. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and really cheerful - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy and cheerful card, Maaike! I love it! The big sentiment in rainbow colours is gorgeous, and like you said the black mat really makes it pop. xx

    ReplyDelete