Sunday 29 October 2023

AAA Cards Challenge #252: Colour Scheme



Hello,  this fortnight we're all about colours or colors depending where you live.


You can choose one, two,  all of them if you want, but try to stick to the colors you seen, maybe with a neutral for skin or fur.
For my card I've applied Distress inks: Wilted Violet and Mermaid Lagoon trough a Clearly Besotted Umbrella Stencil.
Then I mixed up Rangers' Texture paste transparent clear gloss with glitter and applied it also, this makes them shimmer but also they look wet from the rain...maybe?

I tried the same with more colors of Distress inks and also a different layout (Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass and also Villainous Poison and although I like this combo too, it was too much for such a small area in my opinion.

We're are a Clean and Simple challenge, so covering more of the cardbase just isn't an option for me anyway.




Let it dry
The hippo is also Clearly Besotted (Hippo Bird Day) and I did cut of the cute little bird/chick/duckling as I felt I could make it fir in the color scheme.
Colored the image with Copic Markers and mounted it with foamtape.

The sentiment is also Clearly Besotted (Tiny Type) and I stamped it with Memento inks (Bahama blue and Grape Jelly). The tones was achieved by selectively inking the sentiment somewhere the umbrellas also change color; thought that was nicer than either blue or purple and also nicer than black.


As always you have two weeks to play along the AAA Card Challenge and you can enter your card here.


#AAAcards #AAACardchallenge #CASChallenge #CASCard #Blogchallenge

#SuperCASchallenge   #Handmadecard  #Cardmakers  #Designteam #Blogspotchallenge 

#inkblending   #guestdesigner #challengewinner  #ClearlyBesottedStamps


4 comments:

  1. You truly are the Queen of Cute and I love your happy hippo with his wee brolly which ties in so nicely with the stenciled umbrellas in the colour scheme. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you, I can't resist cute stamps, they make my heart sing

      Delete
  2. He is a cutie patootie! Love your coloring, and the stencil with the glitter? Amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such a great job coloring the critters!

    ReplyDelete