Saturday 21 December 2019

Cityscape

The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: Cityscape.

For my card I used the  Memory Box  dies Cityscape silhouette and nighttime, they pair up to make a lit up city. I diecut them from yellow and black cardstock and glued them on top of each other, then mounted it with foamtape.

For the background I've used Distress Oxides Wilted violet, Dusty Concord and Shaded Lilac. The the obligatory splatters with water, white and silver Distress Sprays.

For the sentiment I've used the Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Christmas. I stamped it on a little scrap of paper onto which I also applied Wilted Violet. I thought White or Black cards would be a too stark a contrast. Heat embossed the sentiment with Wow Opaque bright white and then cut it to size, also mounted it with foamtape.

After the background had dried, I applied my city and sentiment and remembered the cityscape doesn't go all the way on metric sized cards ;-) lol...anyway I could cut off the sides if it really bothers me...we'll see.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday  Challenge, see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment