Thursday 5 December 2019

Village in the snow

Well a slanted village in the snow haha, I was paying more attention to the height of the hill, I didn't even notice the houses are a little slanted...so don't look at that ;-)


The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is:  Lets sparkle, showcasing Brutus Monroe ( I have none yet, one is coming in the mail anyday...)

The Simon Say Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: Traditional Christmas, showcasing Tim Holtz.

For my Card I used Tim Holtz Distress oxides and a Sizzix die for the word Christmas.

The village is from Your Next Stamp (houses on the hill) and the Merry is from My Favorite Things (partially stamped from Bitty Holiday Wishes set)

I've inkblended the cardbase with Oxides:

Tumbled glass, Broken china, Mermaid lagoon, Faded Jeans, Chipped sapphire.
I've then splattered the cardbase with Distress spray stains, Brushed pewter and picket fence. I've also splattered some Liquid Stardust from Lawn Fawn, I mean the challenge is Sparkle and Christmas , right ;-)
Stamped the Merry with Versafine Clair ink, then mounted  the panel with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase.

I've stacked 4 or 5 layers of the word Christmas for a tone on tone look, but I thought the raised edges would cast shadows, a little nod to Rudolph with the red tittle (dot on the i).

For me a classic Christmas was when we had snow every year. That seems a long time ago. Thanks to global heating we now have dreary wet drizzly rainy days...Snow at Christmas seems a thing of the past.

For more information on the  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.

1 comment: